Monday, November 23, 2009

Exersice 18

Facebook
Facebook's rights and responsibilities statement says that we own all of the content and information we post on facebook and we can control how it is shared through our privacy and application settings. However, it also states that for content that is covered by intellectual property rights, such as photos and videos, we give facebook “a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content [we] post on or in connection with facebook.” It also states that that IP license ends when we delete that IP content however it may still be stored in backup copies for a period of time.
My settings for Facebook are custom. I do not allow them to use me on any advertising pages. My profile is restricted from anyone that is not my friend as well as my photos, wall, and videos.

Bank of America
Bank of America owns the right to share my customer information collected by then with their family of companies and with companies that work for them. Bank of America may also disclose my customer information they collect about me to credit bureaus and organizations similar to these. Also, when required or permitted by law, they may share information as well. They can also share my customer information with companies other than Bank of America when they have my consent.
I have custom settings for my Bank of America account so it fits my preference better. I also allow them to use my information.

Howdy
Texas A&M states that any personal or confidential information that is collected about us through the internet is kept accurate and secure from unauthorized access. The personal information provided through email or through other online services through A&M will only be used for purposes necessary to serve our needs. The site sometimes acquire, record, and analyze portions of the data that is entered into, stored on, and transmitted through the site by us. However, that information is only released when legally required to help investigations by law enforcement. Texas A&M abides by the Texas Public Information Act, which means that TAMU does not actively share information gathered about us, but in some cases might have to share it by law. The Texas A&M system is in our best interest and it has deployed many security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under their control.
I use the default privacy settings for Howdy. People can find me in the directory and I let Texas A&M collect needed information about me for the time on the website. I don’t withhold any information from the University or other people through the website.

Google Blogger
The Google Blogger privacy statement says that Google servers automatically record information about our use of the service, such as, when we use Blogger and the frequency and size of the date transfers we perform on it. Any information that is displayed or click on in Blogger is recorded as well. Google also stores and maintains our account information and copies of our weblogs and posts in order to provide the service to us. If we were to delete our account, Google would keep copies of our profile information and other personal information associated with our account on back up. Google states that they can use our personal information to provide services, to audit or research in order to maintain, protect and improve the service, to ensure technical functioning of the Google network, to protect the rights of Google, and to develop new services. I use the custom settings in Google Blogger. I don’t allow them to show my real name on my profile or my email address. Besides that, Blogger is free to use my information.

Itunes
Apple can use my personal information to “provide products that I have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Apple’s products.” Apple also reminds us that if we use a bulletin board or chatroom and disclose private information, Apple will collect that information from that interaction and that information will become publicly available. In contrast, Apple does not sell or rent our contact information to other marketers. The privacy statement also states that sometimes it is advantageous for Apple to provide our private information to other companies when needed to provide us better service. It also says that at times they may be required by law to “disclose our personal information if need be determined by national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.”
I use the default privacy settings provided by iTunes. I let them use my information as described above. But, I let them file share from my iTunes account.

No comments:

Post a Comment